Make breakfast or brunch more fun for your pup with this Dog Waffle recipe!
Made with just four dog-friendly ingredients, these Peanut Butter Banana Dog Waffles are sure to become one of your dog's favorite treats.
We found this delicious easy dog treat recipe from Kenmore's online blog and had to try it for ourselves. Our dog Toby gives this recipe two paws up!
Peanut Butter Banana Dog Waffles
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 Cup plain oatmeal
- 1/3 Cup creamy peanut butter (We recommend natural peanut butter or brands that have no extra sugars, oils, or the sweetener xylitol—which can be deadly for dogs)
- 1 Egg
Small amount of coconut oil to grease the waffle iron
- Pre-heat your waffle iron and wait for it to get hot. (Follow the settings recommended by your waffle iron manufacturer. We set ours at low-medium heat).
- Cut up the banana into smaller pieces for easier mixing.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except for the coconut oil, in a medium size bowl. Use a large spoon or fork to mash up the banana and combine the ingredients. Once fully mixed, the mixture will become a thick, gooey batter.
- Once the waffle iron is hot, grease the waffle iron with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Scoop the batter into the waffle maker and close the lid to cook.
- Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Check after 1 minute to make sure the batter is cooking
- Once the waffle is golden brown, remove the waffle from the waffle iron and let cool.
- Cut into smaller pieces to serve your dog this delicious peanut butter and banana dog treat. Enjoy!
- Tag @cheerfulhound on Instagram with your pup and these waffles!
Looking for more ways to help you and your dog live your best life?
Follow Cheerful Hound on Instagram or Facebook for tips and inspiration to help you and your dog live fulfilling and healthy lives and look good doing it. And sign up for our Insider's Club for 15% OFF your first order!