Join the Team
Are you someone who loves dogs? Do you love the idea of working for a small local business that is centered around serving people and their pets well? Cheerful Hound is excited to start expanding our team and is dedicated to serving dogs and their owners throughout the US.
We are currently seeking an Event Assistant. Candidates must be located in the Columbus, Ohio area.
Must Have for the Position:
- A love for people and their pets and serving them well
- Communication and customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to learn and adopt our proven processes to best serve our clients
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
Event Assistant for Cheerful Hound - Part-Time Weekends:
We are searching for a part-time Event Assistant to work alongside the owner, Amanda, to set-up, tear-down, and run our booth at various events. Events are typically on Saturdays or Sundays with a couple of Friday events if the assistant is available.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys being hands on and interacting with customers and helping them find the best styles for their pets. The Event Assistant will help set-up the tent and product merchandise for events, restock styles in the booth during the event, assist customers and answer any questions, and check out customers. The Event Assistant will be working with Amanda throughout the events, but must be comfortable providing solo coverage of the booth during short breaks. The Event Assistant will also help with post-event tear down, putting items away in the proper bins, taking down the tent and tables, and helping reload our vehicle with all items.
The ideal candidate will be personable, enjoy working with people and providing customer service, organized, and adaptable to changing business needs.
This role will take place on-location in the Columbus, Ohio area at events. This is a 1099 contract position. Position is part-time on select weekend dates from late April-December, typically 3-6 days per month. Starting pay at $16/hr.
How to Apply:
Please email Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The position title and your name in the email subject line
- What do you know about Cheerful Hound and why do you want to work for us
- Your background and experience
- Your qualifications
- Why you think you would be a good fit
- Please give examples of relevant work experience and any special skills that may apply to this role.
- This role will take place on-location in the Columbus, Ohio area at events. Please confirm that you are willing to travel throughout the Columbus, Ohio area for events or meet us at our studio to drive together.
- If you have a resume that you'd like to share, please send that as well.
We are dedicated to finding the right fit for our team and look forward to hearing from you! If selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by Amanda.